- Finlayson Letter to Hauraki Collective (22 July 2011)
- Department of Conservation Presentation (Jan 2011)
On 1st of October 2010 at Wharekawa Marae in Kaiaua the Hauraki Collective Framework Agreement was signed by representatives of the 12 iwi of Hauraki and Crown representatives.
The Framework Agreement outlines the process for ongoing negotiations towards settlement of the historical Treaty claims of Hauraki iwi.
The Framework sets out:
- Offers to the Hauraki Collective of specific items of financial and commercial redress
- A process by which the Hauraki Collective and the Crown will negotiate further redress following the signing of the framework
- The general scope, objectives and procedures for formal negotiations between the Hauraki Collective and the Crown.
The Framework will form the basis of negotiations towards an agreement in principle or similar documents.